Recommend a laptop

  • sudhakar@CS.Princeton.EDU
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 14, 2006
      Hi all,

      My inspiron 8200 died. Screen and video card went dead.
      http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar/linux/linux-dell.html

      I am now thinking of getting a new laptop. Any recommendation? I had lots
      of problems in getting the Wireless to work on 8200. I am interested in
      wielsss drivers and modem drivers too.

      --Sudhakar

      Sudhakar Govindavajhala Department of Computer Science
      Princeton University
      Ph : +1 609 258 1763
      http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sudhakar
    • Robert Spilleboudt
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2006
        After a failure of my former laptop, I bought a acer 1640Z. With the
        Mandriva 2007 everything is ok: sound, wireless,display (with a
        915resolution patch).
        With mandriva 2006 there was no sound.
        Robert