E1705 or B130 with Linux?

  • christopher_thacker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2006
      Anyone used either E1705 or B130 with Linux?

      Tell me about your experiences. I am trying to decide between those
      two laptops for my mom. Her needs are rather basic, so it does not
      need to be a "pimped out" laptop.

      I have heard bad rumors about Dell laptops and Linux compatibility, so
      I wanted to join a group like this and get it straight from the
      horse's mouth.

      I use MEPIS 3.43 (Debian based, kernal 2.6.15) and KDE (3.5, I think)

      I look forward to your replies.

      Thanks!