Re: [linux-dell-laptops] ty

  • Ismail Khosh Sepehr
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
      there is no help for XP in LINUX GROUP, i think.

      1- turn on computer
      2- press F12 (before boot)
      3- select BOOT FROM CD-ROM
      4- press any key to start install...

      Donald Caldwell <don30153@...> wrote:

      espence8219 <espence8219@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
      the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing
      XP??

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • espence8219
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
        I've checked the BIOS, switch the booting process, and ran a
        hardware test. Everthing is working the way it should; however, I
        think there is a Linux command that will allow me to parition my
        hard-drive?????? I really want to install XP on my laptop, and
        reinstall Linux on my desktop.

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Chad Sutton <csutton@...>
        wrote:

        > You may also want to check your BIOS settings. Not all BIOS's have
        a menu that
        > allows you to select your boot device during bootup. In those
        cases you need
        > to make sure that the CDROM is setup to boot and that it is set to
        boot from
        > CDROM before your hard drive.
        >
        > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 7:43 pm, uteck wrote:
        > > pressing F12 when the Bios comes up, should bring up a screen
        that
        > > selects the boot device. If the CD still does not boot, make
        sure it
        > > is clean. Sometimes a small smudge can cause it to not boot,
        > >
        > > On 9/6/06, espence8219 <espence8219@...> wrote:
        > > > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't
        boot from
        > > > the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-
        installing
        > > > XP??
        >
        > --
        > Later,
        > Chad Sutton
        > csutton@...
        > chadarius@...
        > Chadarius at Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger

      • Christoph Eckert
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
          > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot
          > from the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with
          > re-installing XP??

          BIOS bootorder?

          ce
        • Rajesh Prabhu
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
            espence8219 wrote:

            I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
            the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing XP??

            Is the CDROM in the drive a bootable disk. How about the CD quality. I
            have faced the same problems many times and the solution happened to be
            in these two questions.

            All the best.

            RP