ty

  • Donald Caldwell
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
      espence8219 <espence8219@...> wrote:
      I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
      the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing
      XP??

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Ismail Khosh Sepehr
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
        there is no help for XP in LINUX GROUP, i think.

        1- turn on computer
        2- press F12 (before boot)
        3- select BOOT FROM CD-ROM
        4- press any key to start install...

        Donald Caldwell <don30153@...> wrote:

        espence8219 <espence8219@ yahoo.com> wrote:
        I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
        the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing
        XP??

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • espence8219
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
          I've checked the BIOS, switch the booting process, and ran a
          hardware test. Everthing is working the way it should; however, I
          think there is a Linux command that will allow me to parition my
          hard-drive?????? I really want to install XP on my laptop, and
          reinstall Linux on my desktop.

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Chad Sutton <csutton@...>
          wrote:

          > You may also want to check your BIOS settings. Not all BIOS's have
          a menu that
          > allows you to select your boot device during bootup. In those
          cases you need
          > to make sure that the CDROM is setup to boot and that it is set to
          boot from
          > CDROM before your hard drive.
          >
          > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 7:43 pm, uteck wrote:
          > > pressing F12 when the Bios comes up, should bring up a screen
          that
          > > selects the boot device. If the CD still does not boot, make
          sure it
          > > is clean. Sometimes a small smudge can cause it to not boot,
          > >
          > > On 9/6/06, espence8219 <espence8219@...> wrote:
          > > > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't
          boot from
          > > > the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-
          installing
          > > > XP??
          >
          > --
          > Later,
          > Chad Sutton
          > csutton@...
          > chadarius@...
          > Chadarius at Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger

        • Christoph Eckert
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
            > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot
            > from the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with
            > re-installing XP??

            BIOS bootorder?

            ce
          • Rajesh Prabhu
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
              espence8219 wrote:

              I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
              the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing XP??

              Is the CDROM in the drive a bootable disk. How about the CD quality. I
              have faced the same problems many times and the solution happened to be
              in these two questions.

              All the best.

              RP