Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Linux

  • Chad Sutton
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      You may also want to check your BIOS settings. Not all BIOS's have a menu that
      allows you to select your boot device during bootup. In those cases you need
      to make sure that the CDROM is setup to boot and that it is set to boot from
      CDROM before your hard drive.

      --
      Later,
      Chad Sutton
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
        espence8219 <espence8219@...> wrote:
        I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
        the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing
        XP??

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Ismail Khosh Sepehr
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
          there is no help for XP in LINUX GROUP, i think.

          1- turn on computer
          2- press F12 (before boot)
          3- select BOOT FROM CD-ROM
          4- press any key to start install...

          Donald Caldwell <don30153@...> wrote:

          espence8219 <espence8219@ yahoo.com> wrote:
          I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
          the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing
          XP??

          Do you Yahoo!?

        • espence8219
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
            I've checked the BIOS, switch the booting process, and ran a
            hardware test. Everthing is working the way it should; however, I
            think there is a Linux command that will allow me to parition my
            hard-drive?????? I really want to install XP on my laptop, and
            reinstall Linux on my desktop.

            --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Chad Sutton <csutton@...>
            wrote:

            > You may also want to check your BIOS settings. Not all BIOS's have
            a menu that
            > allows you to select your boot device during bootup. In those
            cases you need
            > to make sure that the CDROM is setup to boot and that it is set to
            boot from
            > CDROM before your hard drive.
            >
            > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 7:43 pm, uteck wrote:
            > > pressing F12 when the Bios comes up, should bring up a screen
            that
            > > selects the boot device. If the CD still does not boot, make
            sure it
            > > is clean. Sometimes a small smudge can cause it to not boot,
            > >
            > > On 9/6/06, espence8219 <espence8219@...> wrote:
            > > > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't
            boot from
            > > > the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-
            installing
            > > > XP??
            >
            > --
            > Later,
            > Chad Sutton
            > csutton@...
            > chadarius@...
            > Chadarius at Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger

          • Christoph Eckert
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
              > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot
              > from the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with
              > re-installing XP??

              BIOS bootorder?

              ce
            • Rajesh Prabhu
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
                espence8219 wrote:

                I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
                the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing XP??

                Is the CDROM in the drive a bootable disk. How about the CD quality. I
                have faced the same problems many times and the solution happened to be
                in these two questions.

                All the best.

                RP