Linux

  • espence8219
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
      the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing
      XP??
    • uteck
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        pressing F12 when the Bios comes up, should bring up a screen that
        selects the boot device. If the CD still does not boot, make sure it
        is clean. Sometimes a small smudge can cause it to not boot,

        --
        no .sig found
        Please restart your browser.
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
          You may also want to check your BIOS settings. Not all BIOS's have a menu that
          allows you to select your boot device during bootup. In those cases you need
          to make sure that the CDROM is setup to boot and that it is set to boot from
          CDROM before your hard drive.

          --
          Later,
          Chad Sutton
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
            espence8219 <espence8219@...> wrote:
            I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
            the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing
            XP??

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Ismail Khosh Sepehr
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
              there is no help for XP in LINUX GROUP, i think.

              1- turn on computer
              2- press F12 (before boot)
              3- select BOOT FROM CD-ROM
              4- press any key to start install...

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
                I've checked the BIOS, switch the booting process, and ran a
                hardware test. Everthing is working the way it should; however, I
                think there is a Linux command that will allow me to parition my
                hard-drive?????? I really want to install XP on my laptop, and
                reinstall Linux on my desktop.

                --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Chad Sutton <csutton@...>
                wrote:

                > You may also want to check your BIOS settings. Not all BIOS's have
                a menu that
                > allows you to select your boot device during bootup. In those
                cases you need
                > to make sure that the CDROM is setup to boot and that it is set to
                boot from
                > CDROM before your hard drive.
                >
                > On Wednesday 06 September 2006 7:43 pm, uteck wrote:
                > > pressing F12 when the Bios comes up, should bring up a screen
                that
                > > selects the boot device. If the CD still does not boot, make
                sure it
                > > is clean. Sometimes a small smudge can cause it to not boot,
                > >
                > > On 9/6/06, espence8219 <espence8219@...> wrote:
                > > > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't
                boot from
                > > > the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-
                installing
                > > > XP??
                >
                > --
                > Later,
                > Chad Sutton
                > csutton@...
                > chadarius@...
                > Chadarius at Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger

              • Christoph Eckert
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
                  > I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot
                  > from the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with
                  > re-installing XP??

                  BIOS bootorder?

                  ce
                • Rajesh Prabhu
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 7, 2006
                    espence8219 wrote:

                    I'm trying to remove Linux & re-install XP. However, I can't boot from
                    the cd-rom. Is there a command which will help me with re-installing XP??

                    Is the CDROM in the drive a bootable disk. How about the CD quality. I
                    have faced the same problems many times and the solution happened to be
                    in these two questions.

                    All the best.

                    RP