Re: [linux-dell-laptops] wireless for Linux distros

  • Chad Sutton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2006
      This is Linux. Why pay for something when you can use ndiswrapper for free? I
      have used it for years with relatively little trouble.

      I would always download the latest ndiswrapper and compile it yourself. Also
      check their list of drivers against the type of card you have.

      http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net

      If you really want to be brave you can use the 2.6.17 version of the kernel.
      It has support for a lot more kinds of wireless cards than previous versions.
      Specifically it adds support for the Broadcom wireless chip set.

      --
      Later,
      Chad Sutton