Re: Laptop won't boot from Xandros disk

  • auwg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2006
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Chris Fox wrote:
      > The $64 question: can you install
      > from either of these disks on a
      > different machine?

      Yup. Installed Xandros 3Biz on my two desktops with dual boots.
      No probs at all; it found everything and worked fine.

      I can't understand why the lappie can see and read the CDs in Windows,
      but can't see or read them at boot-up, and YES, before anyone asks, the
      lappie CAN boot from a CD.
      It just won't boot from any of my Xandros disks.
      Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
      Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
      http://www.AbintraPress.com
      My Fictionwise Ratings: http://tinyurl.com/26v45