i915 problem

  • Deepan Chakravarthy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2006
      I download the i915 drivers.

      When i compile i915-20060403-linux.i386 i get the error cannot file
      the kernel config file. I had install the kernel-devel package. I had
      entered the following path details while installtion. I cross checked
      for the existence of the same.

      Xorg Dir : /usr/X11R6
      Xorg Modules Dir : /usr/X11R6/lib/modules
      Xorg Library Dir : /usr/X11R6/lib

      Kernel Version : 2.6.17-1.2145_FC5smp
      Module Directory : /lib/modules/2.6.17-1.2145_FC5smp

      The error I got was

      Compiling...
      ERROR: Kernel modules did not compile

      The DRI drivers can not be installed without the latest kernel modules.
      Installation will be aborted. See the dri.log file for information on
      what went wrong.

      The contents of dri.log

      Makefile:173: *** Cannot find a kernel config file. Stop.

      I did try reading the make file. But could not figure things out. Can
      someone tell me what a kernel config file is ??

      Thanks
      Deepan
      http://sudoku-solver.net/sudokusolver.html
      http://codeshepherd.com