graphics card problem

  • Deepan Chakravarthy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10 9:28 AM
      Hi,
      I have "VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82915G/GV/910GL
      Express Chipset Family Graphics Controller (rev 0e)" graphics card.

      I find i810 in the driver section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf. But i am not
      able to run system-config-display and setup->configurenetwork. I am
      currently working only in the command line. I did do yum update and i am
      running 2.6.17 kernel.

      I guess I have to install i915-20060309-linux.i386.tar.bz2 to get my
      display working as per the site http://www.puzzle.ch/samsung_q35.html.
      But i am unable to locate i915 driver for download. If anyone has any
      experiences in solving the above problem please help me.

      Thanks
      Deepan
      www.sudoku-solver.net/sudokusolver.html
      www.codeshepherd.com
    • uteck
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10 10:43 AM
        You could use the generic vesa driver. Just change the line in
        xorg.conf to vesa and it should work adaquetly.

        This thread seems full of info if you have not read it before. It is
        a bit old so the versions in the examples have changed sine it was
        posted.
        http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-17.html

        --
        no .sig found