does D620 (or other 1280x800 laptops) report sensible edid info?

  • Jim Diamond
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2006
      Would someone who has a D620, or some other laptop with a 1280x800
      screen, be so kind as to use the read-edid package and let me know if
      that package recognizes that your laptop has a 1280x800 screen?

      If you don't have the software already, you can download it from
      http://john.fremlin.de/programs/linux/read-edid/
      There are detailed instructions there which I won't repeat.

      Please send the output to this list. I'm particularly interested in
      the last few lines. On a D600, I get

      Section "Monitor"
      # Block type: 2:0 3:f
      # Block type: 2:0 3:fe
      # Block type: 2:0 3:fe
      Identifier "QDS:0500"
      VendorName "QDS"
      ModelName "QDS:0500"
      # Block type: 2:0 3:f
      # Block type: 2:0 3:fe
      # Block type: 2:0 3:fe
      # DPMS capabilities: Active off:no Suspend:no Standby:no

      Mode "1024x768" # vfreq 60.004Hz, hfreq 48.363kHz
      DotClock 65.000000
      HTimings 1024 1048 1184 1344
      VTimings 768 771 777 806
      Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"