Won't print pdf or ps files

  • Carter Brey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm running Fedora Core 4 on a Latitude D600. Printing works fine except
      for when I try to print a PDF or Postscript file. Nothing. Consulting
      the CUPS log shows that the job was "aborted".

      Any thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Carter
    • Carter Brey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
        Hello,

        I'm running Fedora Core 4 on a Latitude D600. Printing works fine except
        for when I try to print a PDF or Postscript file. The file gets sent to
        the queue, then... nothing. Consulting the CUPS log shows that the job
        was "aborted".

        Any thoughts?

        Thanks,
        Carter
      • John DeCarlo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
          On 7/5/06, Carter Brey <cbrey@...> wrote:

          I'm running Fedora Core 4 on a Latitude D600. Printing works fine except
          for when I try to print a PDF or Postscript file. Nothing. Consulting
          the CUPS log shows that the job was "aborted".

          Any thoughts?

          How are you printing the PDF or Postscript file?

          I have found that some applications print better than others.  Maybe your default PDF viewer doesn't know how to print to CUPS correctly.

          You could try acroread for the PDF.

          --
          John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own