Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Kubuntu 6.06 on i6000 - solution

  • John Logsdon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2006
      A solution:

      Add a line

      iwconfig eth1 key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX

      to the end of /etc/acpi/resume.sh

      I tried putting it in /etc/acpi/wireless.sh in the bit where the wireless
      interface was restarted but the key wasn't parsed correctly and therefore
      no connection was made.

      This assumes that I am always connecting to the same network of course but
      if I am connecting to a wifi point elsewhere I can always go through a
      manual procedure. I expect it is possible to check the ESSID...

      Many thanks to those that emailed.

      Best wishes

      John

      John Logsdon "Try to make things as simple
      Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK as possible but not simpler"
      j.logsdon@... a.einstein@...
      +44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675 www.quantex-research.com