Re: [linux-dell-laptops] ubuntu on laptop

  • Nancy Rudins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
      On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, larrygroehler wrote:

      > Has anyone installed Ubuntu successfully on a Dell notebook?

      Yes. I had 5.10 installed on my Inspiron 8500 and it was a very
      painless process. It picked up all my hardware and the system
      tools were very easy to get things configured. I just upgraded
      to Dapper. The upgrade was also a very painless task and nothing
      went amiss. Did you have any particular questions?

      Kind regards,
      Nancy

      Nancy Rudins nrudins@...
      http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~nrudins/

      Take a sad song and make it better. (lennon/mccartney)