Re: [linux-dell-laptops] ubuntu on laptop

  • Steve Kurzman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
      I recently installed Ubuntu 6.06 on a Dell Inspiron e1505 with no
      problems.

      On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 08:19 +0000, larrygroehler wrote:
      > Has anyone installed Ubuntu successfully on a Dell notebook?

    • twasserman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
        I have also installed Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) on an Inspiron E1505.
        My remaining problem is with the high rez widescreen display. I've
        tried using the 915resolution fix, but I still can't get the display
        to work correctly, either on the laptop or using the output for an LCD
        projector. Anyone have success with that?

        Tony

        > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "larrygroehler"
        > <larrygroehler@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Has anyone installed Ubuntu successfully on a Dell notebook?

      • Nancy Rudins
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 13, 2006
          On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, larrygroehler wrote:

          > Has anyone installed Ubuntu successfully on a Dell notebook?

          Yes. I had 5.10 installed on my Inspiron 8500 and it was a very
          painless process. It picked up all my hardware and the system
          tools were very easy to get things configured. I just upgraded
          to Dapper. The upgrade was also a very painless task and nothing
          went amiss. Did you have any particular questions?

          Kind regards,
          Nancy

          Nancy Rudins nrudins@...
          http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~nrudins/

          Take a sad song and make it better. (lennon/mccartney)