Re: Troubles with an Inspiron 600m

  • kaleb_eubank
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2006
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Luptak"
      <bopApocalypse@...> wrote:

      > the most helpful place may be Ubuntu's wiki and forums for
      documentation.
      > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDocumentation
      >
      > Just a quick glance under the laptops section reveals two possibly
      > relevant pages:
      > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/DellInspiron600m
      > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/DellInspiron630m
      >
      > good luck (and I'll second the question of "why not install dapper?",
      > I just installed it on my pos dell lappie, and it seems to work pretty
      > well)
      > -a

      I've found a few pages using google of people somebody configuring the
      modem properly. Can somebody explain how to set up yenta_socket for the
      pcmcia bus? That may be part of my problem. And the reason for not
      upgrading to dapper is the same reason I need the modem configured. I
      downloaded breezy while I was still on my college network (man I miss
      that connection...we had 3 t3s for just my dorm...) but high speed is
      not available yet in my area. I requested the dapper disc a couple
      weeks ago, so I'm hoping its coming anytime. With my luck, never. I've
      seen those testing reports, and nobody ever bothers to report on the
      modem, except for the one who mentions linuxant. I tried the free 14.4k
      version of that driver, and nothing happened. Also, can anybody tell me
      how to set up the snd_intel_8x0m driver, as I read a lot of reports of
      it working with this modem and kernel, and that it's supposed to come
      with the kernel, but can't find neither hide nor hair of it.