RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Hey guys! I found it!

  • Don Levey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2006
      linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Don Levey wrote:
      >
      >> linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >>

      >>> Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Hey guys! I found it!
      >>>

      >>> I had lost the link that was posted here a while ago and had been
      >>> meaning to check it out... but lost track of the darned post
      >>> $^&#^!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mike! for
      >>> those of you I've just really confused...
      >>>

      >> At what point do the list owners finally decide to ban all traffic
      >> from spam sewer theplanet.com? -Don Levey
      >>

      > Sorry, I hadn't seen the spam. My spam filter blocked it from
      > entering my mail. Thanks for letting me know..
      >
      > I've banned that user, but unfortunately I don't know if Yahoo Groups
      > allowing banning a whole domain.
      >
      > cheers,
      > steve

      Unfortunately, that particular domain has been spamming this group for a few
      years now. They are impervious to complaints, and by and large the messages
      advertise the same domain (also hosted by theplanet.com). The individual
      "user" that does the spamming differs, though. Is group membership itself
      moderated? If so, membership could be refused/permitted based upon the
      origin, no? Is there any setting that would block anything with
      X-YahooFilteredBulk in the header?
      -Don Levey