RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Hey guys! I found it!

  • Don Levey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 10:43 AM
      linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Hey guys! I found it!
      >

      > I had lost the link that was posted here a while ago and had been
      > meaning to check it out... but lost track of the darned post $^&#^!!
      > Thanks
      > for pointing me in the right direction Mike! for those of you I've
      > just
      > really confused...

      At what point do the list owners finally decide to ban all traffic from spam
      sewer theplanet.com?
      -Don Levey
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26 11:03 AM
        Don Levey wrote:

        >linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >

        >>Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Hey guys! I found it!
        >>

        >>I had lost the link that was posted here a while ago and had been
        >>meaning to check it out... but lost track of the darned post $^&#^!!
        >>Thanks
        >>for pointing me in the right direction Mike! for those of you I've
        >>just
        >>really confused...
        >>

        >At what point do the list owners finally decide to ban all traffic from spam
        >sewer theplanet.com?
        > -Don Levey

        Sorry, I hadn't seen the spam. My spam filter blocked it from entering
        my mail. Thanks for letting me know..

        I've banned that user, but unfortunately I don't know if Yahoo Groups
        allowing banning a whole domain.

        cheers,
        steve
      • Don Levey
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26 11:24 AM
          linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > Don Levey wrote:
          >
          >> linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >>

          >>> Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Hey guys! I found it!
          >>>

          >>> I had lost the link that was posted here a while ago and had been
          >>> meaning to check it out... but lost track of the darned post
          >>> $^&#^!! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Mike! for
          >>> those of you I've just really confused...
          >>>

          >> At what point do the list owners finally decide to ban all traffic
          >> from spam sewer theplanet.com? -Don Levey
          >>

          > Sorry, I hadn't seen the spam. My spam filter blocked it from
          > entering my mail. Thanks for letting me know..
          >
          > I've banned that user, but unfortunately I don't know if Yahoo Groups
          > allowing banning a whole domain.
          >
          > cheers,
          > steve

          Unfortunately, that particular domain has been spamming this group for a few
          years now. They are impervious to complaints, and by and large the messages
          advertise the same domain (also hosted by theplanet.com). The individual
          "user" that does the spamming differs, though. Is group membership itself
          moderated? If so, membership could be refused/permitted based upon the
          origin, no? Is there any setting that would block anything with
          X-YahooFilteredBulk in the header?
          -Don Levey