Re: suspending a process

  • Daniel Mahler
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 18, 2006
      Ufortunately I do not remember the reference,
      but, by pure coincindence, I just recently read somewhere
      that the current Fortran standard specifies this feature.
      However, Fortran, is not my spciality, so that's all I know.

      I believe that the Elk scheme interpreter also could save out
      an image which would resume from the point where the savecall was madel.
      ie it saved out stack state and local environment etc not just glbal
      definitions,
      which is what most other lisp like systems save out when they wrrite an image..
      Being Scheme it was done with continuations.

      Daniel