Re: No X server support for Inspiron E1505/945GM WSXGA+ on Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy

  • Mark Hedges
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2006
      > > twasserman wrote:
      > > > I've been unable to get the graphical display to work properly on the
      > > > new Inspiron E1505 with the high rez display supported by the 945GM
      > > > chipset. All of Ubuntu's text-based features work fine, and I have
      > > > done the standard apt-get updates/upgrades.

      It sounds more like a question to ask (or search for) on the
      x.org wiki or mailing list. There is supposedly support for
      i945G, don't know about i945GM, maybe they need to know it
      doesn't work right, maybe your debug output would help them.

      Mark
    • gudavalli ramesh babu
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2006
        Hi ,

        I have Inspiron - 630m . i too have the same problem
        . X interface is not working so i was working in the
        text based mode. when i tried to start the xserver
        using startx i could see some errors.

        Any help to resolve this is much appreciated.

        rgds,
        Ramesh

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • gudavalli ramesh babu
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11, 2006
          I fogot to mention that that this is on Suse 10.0

          rgds,
          Ramesh

          --- gudavalli ramesh babu <gudavalli_77@...>

          http://mail.yahoo.com