Install crash - "kernel panic" on Inspiron 8100

  • everyman
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2006
      Hi,
      Please bear with the newbie. I'm trying to install FedCore4 for the
      first time on this laptop, and it's crashing almost immediately.

      There are no cards in it or anything. I have used this same media to
      install on a generic x86 desktop with no issues, however when I
      attempt to boot the first disk on the laptop it says,

      mount: error 6 mounting ext3
      Error opening /dev/console!!!!:2
      switch root mount failed /22
      Kernel Panic not synching : Attempting to kill INIT

      The ... is where it's scrolling off too fast for me to catch. I'm
      not sure how you get around that.

      I've tried the common suggestion of using the acpi=off install
      directive and it doesn't change the behavior at all. Is there
      anything else I can try?

      Thanks
      Eric