NeoMagic Video / CentOS 4.3 / Mandriva 2006

  • Chris Fox
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 7:41 PM
      I had four distros multi-booting on my Latitude CPi (366 MHz, 256MB
      RAM). I only used CentOS so I decided to reformat and go with CentOS as
      the only distro on the laptop.

      Previously I had both CentOS 4.1 and Mandriva 2006 Free and two others,
      and all four of them worked in 1024x768 on the video.

      When I installed CentOS 4.3 it would only give me 800x600 and below, the
      1024x768 mode was not available. The 800x600 looked /awful/.

      So, disappointed, I installed Mandriva 2006 from the same disks I had
      used before, and while I got the 1024x768 mode it has obvious errors,
      scrambled stuff appearing to the right of all text. Looks like the
      driver is bad. How could this be? It worked before.

      I could use some help with this, also anyone who has installed other
      distros on Latitude CPi and gotten proper video.