Inspiron E1505 Problems

  • alok bakshi
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2006
      Hi everyone....

      I have recently installed Linux Fedora Core 5 on Dell Inspiron E1505,
      I am facing many problems as I don't have any experience with linux so
      far. The problems which I am facing are:

      1. During installation, monitor was not detected. So now I have only
      800X600 resolution. How could I reset it to 1280X800, since in option
      menu it doesn't give that choice.

      2. I am not able to play any sound on it. It detects my sound card and
      report it as

      Model: Corporation 82801 G (ICH 7 family) High definition audio controller

      Module: snd-hda-intel

      I have unmuted everything but still no sound!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Thank you very much for your help in advance.......................
    • Hengsi Qin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2006
        first, let me talk about the resolution problem. I
        think the GMA 950 video card is too new. So FC5
        coundn't install the right drive for it. i know that
        there is a 915resolution program for 915 video card to
        fix the resolution problem. maybe you can try it.

        second, i think ubuntu linux is the right one for
        newbies to install on notebooks.

        雅虎1G免费邮箱百分百防垃圾信
        http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/