Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Can't Eject CD

  • James Cloos
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 18, 2006

      Benjamin> I can't eject my CD. Pushing on the button just makes the
      Benjamin> drive light blink a few times. It doesn't matter if there is
      Benjamin> a CD in the drive or not. I don't think this is a Linux
      Benjamin> specific issue, since it doesn't work even when sitting at
      Benjamin> the GRUB prompt. If anyone has any ideas....

      I had that happen with the drive that came with my i8100.

      Eventually it got worse: the drive stopped showing up in the ide bus.

      It is bad hardware. If yours is still under warranty I'd suggest
      contacting Dell and requesting a replacement drive.

      I don't know whether they will. I didn't think to try until mine
      failed completely. And that was a couple of days after the 3 year
      warranty ended....

      FWIW, the problem escalated after sessions of burning CDs.
      Mostly with cdrdao.

      -JimC
      --
      James H. Cloos, Jr. <cloos@...>