Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: fan state

  • Alexandre Tessier
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 13 1:05 PM
      Nemtos a écrit :
      >>Nemtos,
      >>
      >>Glad to hear that it's working for you now.
      >>
      >>(Reality check:) What command did you use to insert the module?
      >>
      >>And what now shows up in lsmod in reference to the fan?
      >

      > Hi, glad that for once I'm the guy for whom it works. :)
      > I just used: modprobe i8k
      > lsmod gives me: i8k 6745 0
      > whatever this means.

      This line is not interesting. With
      cat /proc/i8k
      you will see BIOS version, CPU temperature, fan status, fan rpm, ac
      power status... gnome or kde should have graphical applets to visualize it.

      Alex.

      > I don't know much (or anything) about modules, but in case this is a
      > simple upgrade issue, i8k.ko seems to be present in the three kernels
      > still on my machine, and the older one is 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4.
      >
      > Incidentally, I also installed i8kutils, which provides me with a
      > command to stop the fan and thus solves the problem I referred to four
      > months ago in message #27545.
      >
      > Thanks again

      http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/LIFO/Members/tessier/
      tel LIFO: +33 (0)238494670 tel IUFM: +33 (0)238798417