Re: [linux-dell-laptops] no OS/linux pre-installed?

  • KartheeK
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
      Dell has recently released a desktop that comes without the MS, i dont think their exists any dell lappie that is without MS. We are forced to buy MS....

      Nemtos <nemtos@...> wrote:
      While I have the microphone, I would like to ask if anyone knows if it
      is possible to find a Dell laptop without OS or with Linux within the
      euro-zone? I would like to change my old 5100 soon and am not willing
      to pay the MS tax again.

      Thanks

      Dell laptop batteryNotebook computersDell laptop repair
      Dell laptopDell laptop partLaptop notebook computer

      Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

    • Alexandre Tessier
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
        Nemtos a écrit :
        > While I have the microphone, I would like to ask if anyone knows if it
        > is possible to find a Dell laptop without OS or with Linux within the
        > euro-zone? I would like to change my old 5100 soon and am not willing
        > to pay the MS tax again.

        Unfortunately, if you buy a Dell you have to pay the tax.
        I think that hp sells laptop with mandriva pre-installed.
        You may find more on
        http://tuxmobil.org/reseller.html

        Alex.

        > Thanks

        http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/LIFO/Members/tessier/
        tel LIFO: +33 (0)238494670 tel IUFM: +33 (0)238798417