no OS/linux pre-installed?

  • Nemtos
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
      While I have the microphone, I would like to ask if anyone knows if it
      is possible to find a Dell laptop without OS or with Linux within the
      euro-zone? I would like to change my old 5100 soon and am not willing
      to pay the MS tax again.

      Thanks
    • KartheeK
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
        Dell has recently released a desktop that comes without the MS, i dont think their exists any dell lappie that is without MS. We are forced to buy MS....

        Nemtos <nemtos@...> wrote:
        While I have the microphone, I would like to ask if anyone knows if it
        is possible to find a Dell laptop without OS or with Linux within the
        euro-zone? I would like to change my old 5100 soon and am not willing
        to pay the MS tax again.

        Thanks

        Dell laptop batteryNotebook computersDell laptop repair
        Dell laptopDell laptop partLaptop notebook computer

        Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

      • Alexandre Tessier
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2006
          Nemtos a écrit :
          > While I have the microphone, I would like to ask if anyone knows if it
          > is possible to find a Dell laptop without OS or with Linux within the
          > euro-zone? I would like to change my old 5100 soon and am not willing
          > to pay the MS tax again.

          Unfortunately, if you buy a Dell you have to pay the tax.
          I think that hp sells laptop with mandriva pre-installed.
          You may find more on
          http://tuxmobil.org/reseller.html

          Alex.

          > Thanks

          http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/LIFO/Members/tessier/
          tel LIFO: +33 (0)238494670 tel IUFM: +33 (0)238798417