Re: fan state

  • Nemtos
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 13, 2006
      > Nemtos,
      >
      > Glad to hear that it's working for you now.
      >
      > (Reality check:) What command did you use to insert the module?
      >
      > And what now shows up in lsmod in reference to the fan?

      Hi, glad that for once I'm the guy for whom it works. :)
      I just used: modprobe i8k
      lsmod gives me: i8k 6745 0
      whatever this means.

      I don't know much (or anything) about modules, but in case this is a
      simple upgrade issue, i8k.ko seems to be present in the three kernels
      still on my machine, and the older one is 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4.

      Incidentally, I also installed i8kutils, which provides me with a
      command to stop the fan and thus solves the problem I referred to four
      months ago in message #27545.

      Thanks again
    • Alexandre Tessier
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 13, 2006
        Nemtos a écrit :
        >>Nemtos,
        >>
        >>Glad to hear that it's working for you now.
        >>
        >>(Reality check:) What command did you use to insert the module?
        >>
        >>And what now shows up in lsmod in reference to the fan?
        >

        > Hi, glad that for once I'm the guy for whom it works. :)
        > I just used: modprobe i8k
        > lsmod gives me: i8k 6745 0
        > whatever this means.

        This line is not interesting. With
        cat /proc/i8k
        you will see BIOS version, CPU temperature, fan status, fan rpm, ac
        power status... gnome or kde should have graphical applets to visualize it.

        Alex.

        > I don't know much (or anything) about modules, but in case this is a
        > simple upgrade issue, i8k.ko seems to be present in the three kernels
        > still on my machine, and the older one is 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4.
        >
        > Incidentally, I also installed i8kutils, which provides me with a
        > command to stop the fan and thus solves the problem I referred to four
        > months ago in message #27545.
        >
        > Thanks again

        http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/LIFO/Members/tessier/
        tel LIFO: +33 (0)238494670 tel IUFM: +33 (0)238798417