Ubuntu linux on the Dell XPS M140

  • chruxnix
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      I am happy to report, if anyone hasn't allready reported, that Ubuntu
      Linux runs very well on the Dell XPS M140 (sound, wireless net,
      ethernet) The modem does not work. A there is another issue that is
      easily fixed. In order for the dislpay to work at the correct
      resolution of 1280x800, you must use the 915resolution hack, just
      google search for info on the hack. The Media card reader doesnt
      apear to work either. I used automatix to install many added features
      (highly recommended). Overall, I am very happy that everything I need
      to work works. I am glad to say, "I am Microsoft Free".