Dell Precision M60: Fan, lid

  • cyclone5yh
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2006
      Dear Group Members

      Today I installed RedHat EL 4 Update 2 on a Dell Precision M60 (there
      is and won't be Windows installed). I have a few issues left which I
      don't know how to solve yet:

      1) Fan: The fan is constantly running and this is annoying.
      2) Lid: When closed the computer should go to sleep.

      For 1) I tried i8k but the kernel module did not compile. I don't know
      yet how to tackle 2).

      Does anybody have some hints or links to howtos? Thanks in advance.

      Regards,
      Marc