[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Hardware Check

  • Michael Overvold
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 1999
      The only inadequacy I have found is the sound card. I
      have a Latitude so that may prove the difference. But
      you might want to enquire.

    • noelle@acm.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 1999
        > The only inadequacy I have found is the sound card. I
        > have a Latitude so that may prove the difference. But
        > you might want to enquire.

        Thanks! I did overlook the sound card. Steve Hsieh
        (http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/) claims that
        there is a beta commercial driver for the ESS Maestro-2
        sound. But if this is a problem for folks, I'd like to
        know about it. Thanks!

        -- David Noelle, Ph.D. (noelle@...)