[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Linux on XPi P133ST

  • Hugh Eland
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2000
      Hi Neil,

      A bit more experimentation has produced results - The CDROM drive I am using
      suddenly sprung into life when powered externally - it says clearly that is
      can be powered from the PCMCIA.........

      I think this is now a hardware issue - sorry about any confusion and many
      many thanks for your help.

      Hugh

    • emullen@heartland.net
      Message 2 of 6 , May 28, 2000
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Neil <neil@t...> wrote:
        > On Sat, 01 Jan 2000 07:08:34 -0800, you wrote:
        >

        > >I have bought a second hand Latitude XPI P133ST, without any
        software,
        > >but am hoping to run Linux on it. Is is possible to use the normal
        > >distributions to enable the PCMCIA card slots on the machine? If
        not,
        > >how do I enable them?
        >
        > Most linux distributions come with PCMCIA support, or you can
        download rpms or
        > whatever with ouot much problem. Best thing to do is to find a copy
        the latest
        > PCMCIA howto which will list all cards supported and give you
        instructions.

        > Neil

        Hello , I have the same machine , have intalled Win98se, have also
        setup a Linux partition and a boot manager.
        Have been tyring to install Mandrake-Linux 7.0 , how do you get the
        installaion boot-up to see your PCMCIA cd-rom?
        I'm using a Citirom PCMCIA eide card connected to a Delta 48x ide cd-
        rom.
        Thanks , Erik