Mandriva 2006 lockup

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      Hi guys (any gals???),

      I have installed MDV2006 on a Dell PE750. It works in run level 3, but
      in run level 5, it stops dead in its tracks after a few hours/days, with
      no mention of anything out of the ordinary in the log files.

      I have tried the usual ideas: Killing kat and acpid, but this seems to
      be related to Xorg or an Xorg application, since it runs in level 3.

      Does anyone have any idea?

      Cheers,

      Herman
    • uteck
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2005
        Sounds like a memory leak. What other apps are running in X, one of
        them could be the problem. I have had prblems with Amarok locking
        things up when left on over night, or it could be Nvidia drivers and
        an OpenGL screensaver which has cause problems in the past.

        On 12/8/05, Herman <herman@...> wrote:
        > Hi guys (any gals???),
        >
        > I have installed MDV2006 on a Dell PE750. It works in run level 3, but
        > in run level 5, it stops dead in its tracks after a few hours/days, with
        > no mention of anything out of the ordinary in the log files.
        >
        > I have tried the usual ideas: Killing kat and acpid, but this seems to
        > be related to Xorg or an Xorg application, since it runs in level 3.
        >
        > Does anyone have any idea?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Herman

        no .sig found