Re: want to use s-video output for mp4 files. How?

  • richardg1952
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre Tessier
      <Alexandre.Tessier@u...> wrote:

      > Which video card (nvidia, ati,...)?
      > With nvidia card, you have to use the nvidia driver (named nvidia):
      > http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html
      > You have to read the README file to set up TV-out in the xorg.conf file.

      I have the ATI Radeon using the Xorg radeon driver. A man on radeon
      doesn't list any option that references TV, s-video etc.
      I've also tried connecting ohe s-video and rebooting the laptop. I
      assumed that I should see output to the tv screen during bootup prior
      to loading Linux, but I get nada. The cable works on my wife's
      Thinkpad running XP.
    • Alexandre Tessier
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
        richardg1952 a écrit :
        > I have the ATI Radeon using the Xorg radeon driver. A man on radeon
        > doesn't list any option that references TV, s-video etc.
        > I've also tried connecting ohe s-video and rebooting the laptop. I
        > assumed that I should see output to the tv screen during bootup prior
        > to loading Linux, but I get nada. The cable works on my wife's
        > Thinkpad running XP.

        I have no experience with ATI cards. :-(
        I you go to the ATI web site (www.ati.com -> Drivers & Software -> Linux
        Drivers and Software -> RADEON 8500 Series and higher -> ATI Proprietary
        Linux x86 Drivers for XFREE86 / X. Org Version 8.19.10 -> ATI
        Proprietary Linux Driver FAQ), the first item is :

        Q1: What features are provided by the ATI Proprietary Linux Driver?
        A1: The ATI Proprietary Linux driver currently provides hardware
        acceleration for 3D graphics and video playback. It also includes
        support for dual displays and TV Output.

        I think you should have a doc that comes with the driver.
        Maybe you have also a setting tool that comes with the driver.

        Alex.
      • uteck
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
          For my ati card I had to change the resolution to 840x600 to display
          properly on my TV with the s-video.

          On 12/4/05, Alexandre Tessier <Alexandre.Tessier@...> wrote:
          > richardg1952 a écrit :
          > > I have the ATI Radeon using the Xorg radeon driver. A man on radeon
          > > doesn't list any option that references TV, s-video etc.
          > > I've also tried connecting ohe s-video and rebooting the laptop. I
          > > assumed that I should see output to the tv screen during bootup prior
          > > to loading Linux, but I get nada. The cable works on my wife's
          > > Thinkpad running XP.
          >
          > I have no experience with ATI cards. :-(
          > I you go to the ATI web site (www.ati.com -> Drivers & Software -> Linux
          > Drivers and Software -> RADEON 8500 Series and higher -> ATI Proprietary
          > Linux x86 Drivers for XFREE86 / X. Org Version 8.19.10 -> ATI
          > Proprietary Linux Driver FAQ), the first item is :
          >
          > Q1: What features are provided by the ATI Proprietary Linux Driver?
          > A1: The ATI Proprietary Linux driver currently provides hardware
          > acceleration for 3D graphics and video playback. It also includes
          > support for dual displays and TV Output.
          >
          > I think you should have a doc that comes with the driver.
          > Maybe you have also a setting tool that comes with the driver.
          >
          > Alex.

          no .sig found
          Please restart your browser.