ubuntu 5.10

  • whatiyam007
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
      i just received the live disc from ubuntu. it boots and starts up with
      the right resolution and also finds my ethernet internet connection
      (both that the other distro i was using did not do). So, for now i
      haven't run into any problems on my dell I6000 laptop.

      two thumbs up!

      so now i will try to install it over the other linux on my dual-boot hd.
    • S. William Schulz
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
        On 12/3/05, whatiyam007 <whatiyam@...> wrote:
        i just received the live disc from ubuntu. it boots and starts up with
        the right resolution and also finds my ethernet internet connection
        (both that the other distro i was using did not do). So, for now i
        haven't run into any problems on my dell I6000 laptop.

        It's been running well on my C640 test machine as well (the install, haven't played with the live disc).