Is Inspiron display upgrade possible?

  • Alwin Gupta
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi,

      I own a dell inspion 510m laptop with 15" XGA (1024x768) Active TFT
      Display. I bought this laptop last year in October. Now, I plan to
      upgrade the display to 15" SXGA+ (1400x1050). I searched the Dell's
      site and found a page with information on LCD Displays, there in the
      "Availability by Model" section for 15" SXGA+ they have listed
      Inspiron 510m.

      So, I want to know if anybody has ever tried this kind of update before.
      Does Dell sell bare notebook displays.
      What would be the approx cost for this upgrade.
      What are the alternate sources for this upgrade.

      Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Alwin
    • Ardell Faul
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
        I don't see this as being a very good investment. There are some new
        SXGA displays for the 510-M available on Ebay, Item 6805602904, for a
        BIN price of $349.00. Their blurb is that Dell charges over $650.00 for
        this display, which is probably true. This whole laptop is attainable
        for less than that. Why not spend you bucks on better performance instead.

        --
        Ardell Faul
        Laptop Computer & Monitor Repair