Re: [linux-dell-laptops] (dell8200) flashplayer blocking firefox/mozilla browser

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 21, 2005
      Alexander Toresson wrote:
      > I can't see how security updates would be able to damage a system.
      > And I disagree that you shouldn't update your system. If you come in
      > the rare situation that an upgrade does affect something critical,
      > just file a bug. Or manually downgrade the affected component.

      The problem is due to the 2nd law of thermodynamics:
      A system undergoing rapid change, will tend to move from a state of
      order, to a state of chaos. (Entropy always increases).

      This law is inescapable and explains why 'finger trouble' is a big issue
      in complex systems. So, if you want less trouble from your notebook PC,
      refrain from changing settings and refrain from doing 'upgrades' of any
      kind, unless proven to be absolutely necessary and most security updates
      are not necessary, since there are no active attacks using them.

      Cheers,

      H.