Re: [linux-dell-laptops] cd/dvd drive question - Inspiron 4100

  • ComputekA
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005
      Thanks for the great list. Although I have had little
      to no difficulties with Linux on my 4100, I have had
      some difficulty with the Toshiba 8x DVD drive in the
      bay. First it stopped mounting on the WIndows
      partition (which continues to recognise it when the
      drive is inserted in the bay, but won't recognise any
      discs in in) but it still worked in Linux, and the
      machine booted off a live CD.

      Now it is longer working under Linux either, and
      machine won't boot live CDs either.

      I just thought I'd drop a line to the list to see if
      anyone had any ideas about this.

      Its a Dell Inspiron 4100.

      TIA,

      Computeka@...