unable to configure modem in linux

  • rishi_in_99
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005
      hi,

      I have installed Fedora Core 2 linux in my laptop, I have problem
      about intel modem driver ,

      My Hardware configure :

      intel centrino 1.5 ghz in my laptop pre installed with win xp,
      CXT AC-Link conexant internal modem(HSF) for intel,
      512MB RAM,
      built in VGA , LAN
      50 gb win partition,8 gb fedora core 2 partition

      im not able to use internet in linux, im not able to configure the
      internal dial up modem. can u kindly guide me in this?

      my kernek is 2.6.8_1.521

      so i downloaded http://www.physcip.uni-
      stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem/dists/fedora/8.31a8/ltmodem-kv_2.6.8_1.521-
      8.31a8-1.i686.rpm

      is what ive done correct? is this conexant driver in linux?
      earlier i was getting error 2,now i get error 7,

      what can i do.

      tnx