fan won't stop after suspend

  • Nemtos
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2005
      Dear list,

      After I wake up my Inspiron 5100 (bios A32) from suspend-to-RAM, the
      fan immediately starts spinning, and it would never stop. The only way
      I've found to make it eventually stop is to use a CPU-intensive
      program so the fan has a legitimate reason for spinning, then, when
      the CPU cools down the fan finally stops. Very annoying. I use Fedora
      Core 4 and kernel 2.6.13-1.1532.

      Any hints?

      Thanks
      Nemtos
    • GSO
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2005
        > fan won't stop after suspend

        Same problem with a Latitude C600, KDE worked out of the box, however I
        wound up as a quick fix setting the processor to a slower speed with the
        BIOS when swiching over to GNOME. The FAQ has a fair amount on power
        management - could indicate how KDE has got this to work.