1024x768 with 915g on D610

  • herda05
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      No matter what I attempt, I can not set my screen resolution to higher
      than 1024x768. I have been working on this problem for a week,
      methodically going through various websites:
      1)http://www.nerdgirl.dk/linux/installation.php#monitor
      2)http://home.comcast.net/~canez/d610/ and
      3)http://www.geocities.com/stomljen/) to resolve this.

      I have installed the latest drivers from dri.freedekstop.org for i810
      as well as i915. I have also installed the latest cvs version of Xorg.

      I also installed the rpm d610 patch provided in the link from message
      26728. The patch is actually an automated version of #3 above. This
      has been all to no avail.

      If anyone can provide some insight, where to go from here, what to
      look at, etc. I'd be much appreciative.

      I did see a reference at
      lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-November/066086.html
      to the bios setting the video ram to 1mb instead of putting it at 8mb,
      and when set to 8mb it resolved the issue. The problem is I think the
      d610 patch/steps in #3 should be doing that. Does anyone know a way to
      check?

      I can also post my Xorg.0.log if needed.

      thanks,
      Herda05