D800, GeForce FX Go5200, poor performance

  • Robert Svoboda
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      Hi all,

      How does your GeForce FX Go5200 or simlar perform? I use
      Gentoo, Xorg 6.8.2, nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx both in
      1.0.7676.

      Xorg runs in 1920 x 1200, 24 bit colors.

      glxgears gives me some 700FPS in default window size (no
      resize after start). When I lower the resolution and color
      depth I can get 1200FPS. CPU always runs on 100%.

      In glxinfo output I can see that direct rendering: Yes.

      I'd expect more from this card or is it normal?

      Thanks,
      Robert

      --
      Robert Svoboda