Re: Kubuntu Breezy on Dell Inspiron 1100

  • Irvine Short
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2005
      On 10/28/05, Irvine Short <irvine.short@...> wrote:
      > I have Kubuntu Breezy installed on a Dell Inspiron 1100.
      >
      > All seems fine except the video is 640x480 with a black border.

      <snip>

      I got it sorted out, thanks. It was neither 845patch (obsoleted by the
      newer BIOS) nor using the VESA driver.

      From

      > http://www.geocities.com/randomnumbergenerator2001/

      There is a xorg.conf file for Ubuntu Breezy that works - but last
      week the link was broken. It's now fixed after I emailed the site
      owner.

      All that was needed was to add horizontal and vertical frequencies:

      Section "Monitor"
      Identifier "Generic Monitor"
      Option "DPMS"
      # added to the default xorg.conf