APM or ACPI?

  • kirovdvd
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2005
      Hello,

      I have a Dell C840 with Debian Sid.
      I'm using the nvidia drivers 1.0.7174 with xorg.

      I read that ACPI can create some problems. Is it still true, and so is
      it still advised to enable only APM? (I'm interested e.g. in
      suspend-to-ram)

      In a condition where both methods are fully working, When it's more
      advantageous to use ACPI and when APM?

      Thanks
    • Gareth
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2005
        My own experience on a C600:

        kubuntu does a better job of this and Breezy with a bit of luck will
        have improved things since last time I looked. Unless this is the
        case though I'd stick with APM (i.e. + FAQ, if it works).
      • uteck
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2005
          I used ACPI on my D600 with no problems. APM did not detect the
          battery state, but ACPI worked with hibernate and suspend.

          On 10/26/05, Gareth <gsowww@...> wrote:
          > My own experience on a C600:

          > kubuntu does a better job of this and Breezy with a bit of luck will
          > have improved things since last time I looked. Unless this is the
          > case though I'd stick with APM (i.e. + FAQ, if it works).

          no .sig found
          Please restart your browser.