Dell X1: X dissappered

  • christoph_saas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2005
      Something very strange happend this weekend:

      I have a Dell X1 running a dual boot WinXP/SuSE93.
      Everything was working quite well, when I tried to hook it
      to my HDTV projector (1280x720) in its native resolution.
      Although I was running Windows, this didn't work out of the box,
      and I played around with internal/external Monitor settings.
      I did'nt find a solution, so any hint on that are welcome as well
      (priv mail!)

      When I finished, and rebootet into Linux everything went ok,
      until the X server started. The display just went black.
      I do not get any error messages. X seems to come up just normal.
      I just dont see it. I don't get a picture on the external vga as
      well. When I switch to external before x starts, I have no problem
      to get X running.For those who now SuSE: Even sax2 doesn't show up
      on the internal display, althoug it seems to start without any
      problem. Overall it seems that everything from the xserver is
      re-routed to some "secret connection" where I can't see it.

      Questions:
      Any of you have seen this before? What could I have done in
      WINDOWS that is so permanent as to change the output behavior
      under Linux? What would be the next steps you suggest to get
      it back working?

      Thanks for your help

      CHR