Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Digest Number 2207

  • Dafydd Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2005
      On 20 Oct 2005 14:37:54 -0000, linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com > Message: 8
      > Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:42:56 -0000
      > From: "p3sho" <p3sho@...>
      > Subject: USB not working after resume & black screen

      > So, when I suspend and then resume, USB devices (mouse, for example)
      > are not working and I have to do manually /etc/init.d/hotplug restart.
      > Do you know of a way how to do that automatically on resume or any
      > other solution to the problem?

      The usb modules (for me, uhci_hcd) need to be unloaded prior to suspend
      and then reloaded into the kernel at resume time.
      The command: modprobe -r uhci_hcd can be placed in the acpi script that
      handles suspend.
      I use acpi_handler.pl from http://www.loria.fr/~thome/d600.
      This lets you specify a list of services to kill and modules to unload
      at suspend-time.

      Regards
      Dafydd