KANOTIX Great on dell Laptops, everything works!

  • JAYTAN
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2005
      I'm running Kanotix on 3 Dell Latitudes (L400, C600, CPt). It's
      without a doubt the best Linux distro I've tried. The hardware
      detection and auto-config is better than even Knoppix, and HDD
      installation is flawless.

      www.kanotix.com

      I want to spread the word to other Dell Laptop owners (and people with
      a dislike for M$). "Kano", the creator of Kanotix takes Paypal
      donations. If you find his work as usefull as I did please kick him a
      few bucks so he can afford to keep developing.

      A couple fixes/tweaks/tips:
      Older Dells need to be started NO-DMA mode (boot menu)

      To fix the ugly fonts I downloaded the msttfonts and changed most of
      the system fonts to ariel.
      apt-get install msttfonts

      To fix DCHP on a Netgear WG511t WiFi card:
      apt-get update
      apt-get install netcardconfig-kanotix
      netcardconfig

      -JT