Re: RHEL 3 and Inspiron 9300

  • actinicglow
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "actinicglow"
      <actinicglow@y...> wrote:
      > Has anyone had any success installing RHEL 3 on these
      > systems? If so, what did you do to get it going?

      For anyone else wanting to install RHEL 3 on an Inspiron 9300, the
      solution is to build a custom installation CD with a custom kernel.
      Kernels since 2.4.27 have had libata backported to them from 2.6. I've
      done this and its working well.
    • actinicglow
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
        <actinicglow@y...> wrote:
        > Has anyone had any success installing RHEL 3 on these
        > systems? If so, what did you do to get it going?

        For anyone else wanting to install RHEL 3 on an Inspiron 9300, the
        solution is to build a custom installation CD with a custom kernel.
        Kernels since 2.4.27 have had libata backported to them from 2.6. I've
        done this and its working well.
      • riversandlakes8
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2005
          Has anyone tried rhel4 default 4 CDs with 9300?