Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Activate Wifi

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
      >>Really, it's a soft switch and activate on Windows with Fn+F2.
      >>My problem is active on Linux...
      >>I config ndiswrapper but don't work because soft switch.
      >
      > Try looking at rfswitch.sourceforge.net. I don't know if it works with
      > ndiswrapper drivers though.

      I know this sounds confusing, but the switch is usually not the reason
      why it won't work. The driver will turn the radio on - switch or no switch.

      Also, if ndiswrapper from your distribution won't work, get the latest
      version from the project web site and try again, and when all else
      fails, get the commercial version of ndiswrapper as explained in my guide.

      The other solution is to find a list of Linux compatible cards and buy
      one on Ebay - trying to find a compatible card in a main street shop is
      a lost cause...

      Cheers,

      H.