Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Close lid without shutting off backlight?

  • Dafydd Jones
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 29, 2005
      James,

      well, I'm afraid I don't know Fedora, but from a little Googling
      it does seem like Fedora sticks to the standard /etc/acpi location.
      Are you sure that the scripts there are just samples?

      As an example, my events dir consists of one file that
      contains:
      event=.*
      action=/etc/acpi/actions/acpi_handler.pl %e

      This captures any event and passes it to a hand configured perl script,
      that decides whether to suspend depending on if the laptop is on ac power
      or not.

      The acpi daemon should also log its activities to /var/log/acpid
      You could look there (or somewhere similar) to see what exactly
      is triggered.

      The other thing is that KDE (if that's what you use) could be configured to
      control acpi.
      Check under Control Center -> Power Control -> Laptop Battery -> ACPI Config
      You could disable this, and use the scripts mentioned above.

      Regards
      Dafydd